BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You Can Still Come Back

Sin is one of those aweful things that not only causes a rift between the sinner and his God, but it tends to plant the seed of doubt and shame as well. For me, sin has often left me in a state of ovoidance toward God. I have this perception that He is mad at me or that He doesn't want to hear how I've failed yet again. But I am learning more and more that the God we serve is far more forgiving than I think.

1 Sam 12:20-22

20 “Do not be afraid,” Samuel replied. “You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart. 21 Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless. 22 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own.

Samuel strikes right at the heart of the matter. Yes, you've sinned. But don't let that keep you from moving forward. Recognize your sin, ask forgiveness, repent, and move on. Or in the words of my old boss, "Own it, fix it, and get over it."

This verse is very reassuring to me as a sinner who often needs to come back to a loving God. I am grateful that his grace extends to me and to anyone else who will ask for it.

0 comments: